Wednesday, February 22, 2006

"And you'll cry cry cry"


So, since nothing that exciting is happening - no U2 concerts (oooodio), no hard drinking, and not enough studying that I can comment - I will contradict the first post. And I will do what I do best: criticize! No, I will try not to, and I will try not to write a deep text. But then again, if you are reading this, its by your own choice, so what do I care? Writing because I'm bored, and I'll just stop justifying and begin writing.
As usual, I have been going to the movies, let's say, a lot. I have a good excuse, it's Oscar season, so all the good-in-a-commercial-way movies are out. As I have seen most of them by now, I can't really talk about all in this post. So, this is about THE movie of the year, Brokeback Mountain. And since I'm not really qualified to criticize much, I will just say I didn't love it. I liked it, with restrictions. But I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's a love story, a common love story, which can be both good and bad. It's a story about losing, about wasting time, about... well, about all that goes wrong with love, I think. Not taking chances, not facing the fears, and setteling for what you think is okay, "not so bad", or something like that. Its a story about chances not taken, words not said (a looot of words not said, practically a silent movie)and where that leads us in the end. And I will go to another movie now, since I promise
d no deep texts.
"Walk the Line". Huge cliché, but this one I liked! I have a soft spot for biographies, especially the sad depressing ones. But I liked it because of the happy ending. Yes, kill me, I like happy endings, with no bombs exploding all the people of the cast. The music was nice, the acting is impressive, with Resse Witherspoon being only mildly annoying and Joaquin Pheonix being better than usual. And he usually is pretty good. It was more about the acting than about the story for me, but anyway, the story is of second, third, fourth chances. Sometimes they don't come, but for this story they did. And love wins in the end, of cooourse. After 10 years of banging his head against a brick wall, Johnny Cash got the girl. And it's always nice to see there is hope in the end of the rainbow.
To those who had the patience to read this through, that's it. Thanks! I'll write about the other movies later, as I will be bored again, probably. Insomnia is a bitch. Useless text, since its not a critic, and its not any news. It's basically like a conversation with me, only typed. Like reading the episode guide of the OC - the written and the screen version are pretty much the same.
So, loves, see you soon! - to some of you, literally!! (yeeey!! prague!!!)
beijos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home