Monday, March 27, 2006

Denmark and the (very) Little Mermaid

Sooo... back again. Denmark was great!!!

Every city I visit I just think: I wanna live here!!! So far, i think Stockholm wins, but Copenhagen is just so beautiful.... and of course, they have the little mermaid, which is a great advantage. But anyway, moving on from that and into the trip itself.
We got there on thursday night, and went to our hotel, that was about...2 minutes from the central station, right in the beginning of the red light district (booking on the internet has its problems). But the hotel was good, tv again (yeeeey!!), and a nice bathroom. Still trusting the internet for hotels (except for prague - i haven't posted that yet, but you'll see). On Friday we went for a walk of the city, and that was veery nice, the city is more alive than Stockholm - just seems like most of the people live there, and in Stockholm I had the impression of turists everywhere. We eventually found the shopping street - which is baaaaad. But no shopping, just staring and drooling. Some street musicians, a lot of bikes and a lot of people. Sunshine and wind. Then back to the hotel for some rest and of course, tv.
Next day we met Katrine and went to 2 perfect little cafes, one that looked just like a living room with a very, very confused american waiter. It's great if you know where to go.... and then, on a boat tour! Apart from the annoying loud spanish people, that was great as well. And at night... a smoky smoky bar to say goodbye... but great trip, no drunk finns on the plane - just 5 babies. No, I'm not kidding. 5 babies!!!! how can that be??? I had babies in the seat in front of me, behind me, and across the aisle (none next to me, thank god, I travelled with 3 seats to myself. Of course, that only happens in short flights, but ok, let's not complain). And dear God, thank you for the automatic check in stations!!! We saved at least 40 minutes of our time with that, and avoided impolite airport staff and annoying chinese tourists. The little things in life, you see...
and ok, enough. I just realized I told every little detail of the trip. sorry. But I'm avoiding starting on homework, so.... I tend to babble. Sorry.
ps: and you guessed again! nooo pictures of me in Denmark. This time I really don't have any, I'll try to find one and post it later, depending on how bad it is.
beijos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home