Friday, June 23, 2006

É uma partida de futebol



and since I am already here, writing.... one more.
I am not calling victory ahead of time, but after the post I wrote yesterday about the Brazilian soccer team, and they played today, I feel like I have to comment on the game of today. Yes, me, the expert, commenting the soccer match. I know. But in the month of the Worldcup, everyone in Brazil suddenly understands soccer."He should cut Ronaldo off the team!!" - "no, he should take Adriano off the team and put Robinho!" - "no, he has to make Ronaldinho play more in the offense!!!". 180 million coaches.
The game today was beautiful. Just beautiful. The funny thing is, almost half of the team was "new". 5 players that normally stay on the bench started the match, and what gave us was just a show. I have no idea how the coach is going to explain this, that the game works better as the team was today than it has worked with the main stars playing. And we have to see if he has the guts to keep the best team on. The first goal was from Japan, which was horrible, it almost gave us all heart attacks. But the game was so beautiful (I really can't find another word, hence the very repetitive text) that we didn't care that much for it. That's exactly what I wanted!!!! What we all wanted I think. In the end, there were a lot of goals (4x1). But more than that, we enjoyed watching the match. Fine, we get angry if they are trying to do something to fancy and miss the ball, but still, the game was so much more pleasant to watch, it just felt so much more like the thing you would expect from Brazil.
So, this is just a post to say some of my wishes in the post from yesterday were granted. I still wanna see Robinho score a goal - poor kid, he's clearly so desperate to prove he is good and stay in the main group, the one that starts playing. You can see how much he wants to be good in his eyes, in how much he runs after every ball that is remotely close to him.
Brazil still has a lot of games to face. Gana is next. I just hope their will to win doesn't beat ours..... But in the end, they did today what we were all waiting for: jogaram bonito. gave us a nice show to watch and blab about until next tuesday.... and pray we can see a few more games like these in this worldcup...
pic:http://copa.esporte.uol.com.br/copa/2006/album/060622japxbra2_album.jhtm?abrefoto=13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home