Sunday, July 09, 2006

The final, finally

This is the last post about soccer, I swear to God. I am tired of them, I can only imagine you are as well. But well, let's talk about the final.
So, Italy wins! No problem with that really, it's not Argentina or Germany, and I got to see Kahn take yet another goal yesterday, which I have to say was lovely. I have a real problem with that guy. but ok, today: not much to comment on the game itself, except one thing: what the hell did Zidane do?
To those of you who don't know what I am talking about, I am veeery sorry, but I couldn't find a picture on the internet of it. If I find it later, I'll post it. But basically, one of the Italian players said something to him and he, well, he hit the guy, pretty hard, in the middle of the game. With his head. It was really amazing to see. Later they showed the 2 of them having some sort of argument before Zidane hit him, but when it happened it was just sooo strange. And seeing him walk off the field, being booed off the field, it was really sad. Not to defend him here, but being biased as I always am, maybe it was sort of justifiable. What the hell did the guy say??? I am too curious for this sort of thing, but anyway..... maybe it was something horrible, and he was already stressed and tired... it's not ok that he did it, but it is less bad. Maybe he was defending something important, and it's nice to see a guy do that sometimes. Be a real old fashioned-Neanderthal sort of man. Yes, I know, he shouldn't have hit the guy anyway, and the image was just soooo awful, but well.... it's nice that he stood up for himself. And if you are thinking that I am saying a lot of crap to try and defend him, you are right. He was wrong and rude. I am just curious to why he did that. And it's soooo hard to be against him...... but anyway, it was a pretty shitty way to say goodbye. Marching past the trophy...... marchons, marchons.....
So, congratulations Italy, and their goooooorgeous players. Jesus Christ, what the hell is that??? They are all sooooo good looking!! Example: Luca Toni, to your left on the screen. And may this be the end of my veeeery informative and interesting posts on the worldcup. (by the way, one of the pictures - i think it's pretty obvious which one - is totally useless, and not even from this game, but it's just soooo nice.... I couldn't help myself, sorry people....). Beeeeijos
pics:http://copa.esporte.uol.com.br/copa/2006/album/060709itaxfra2_album.jhtm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home