Saturday, July 08, 2006

Same old insomnia, now with old news


Oh God, here I am in my insomnia yet again. It's... 5 in the morning now. So, I have been honestly trying to fall asleep for about 3 hours, with absolutely no success. I read, I closed my eyes and rolled around in bed, I watched tv. Maybe I should have drank more tonight. But well, too late for that now. And since nothing seems to be working, here I am again. And to comment on something that is almost old news but I just haaaaave to: Germany is out!!!!!!!
I have to say that I am kind of happy. I was so sure that Germany would win the worldcup I wasn't even paying attention at the beginning of the game. But then... it got interesting - no goals, nothing hapenned. But I still wasn't really watching the game, just sitting in a room with 15 people and the tv was on, when, at the very end of the game, when we were just talking and waiting for the penaltys, my friend just says, very quietly, "gol". My only thought, honestly, was: "what?". And then I say the Italian guy screeeaming his lungs out, and the thought just changed to "nooooo!!!". But there it was. Germany lost the worldcup, in Germany. I know, I am not in that much of a good position to mock that, but I mean, they lost!!! In Germany!!! That's just... incredible. No, now really, I felt really sorry for them, they played great, and it was just luck. And I would just give Klinsmann congratulations and a hug, because seeing him trying to keep them going after they suffered the goal (which was almost impossible, there were 2 minutes left), and trying to comfort the team after they lost was just beautiful. That's how a coach should be.
So, this was just to comment in fact, and not to mock. I never thought Germany would lose, but well, when am I right anyway? And they still lost with much more dignity than we did. But still, bye bye Germany and their polish players, goodbye Germany and the looovely Ballack, goodbye Germany and Kahn (yes I know, he didn't play, I don't care. He plays today - for the third place game - and I still don't like him).
And now, to the big question: what do I do? Zidane or the genetically blessed Azurra??? Though choices in life...... Enjoy the game, for those who watch it!
pics: http://copa.esporte.uol.com.br/copa/2006/album/060704alexita2_album.jhtm
bjos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home