Friday, August 11, 2006

Time and Tears


You know how sometimes you like watching a movie so much, you just watch it over and over again? Well, I have a lot of those movies (and series, and a lot of other things I love to watch 25 times), and I was just seeing one of them today: "The Notebook".
Now, if you have not seen that movie, please, please do so. It is absolutely impeccable, in every way. It is romantic without being too mellow, it is sad without it being tragic. I don't normally like love stories that much, but this one is an exception. From the minute I saw it, I couldn't forget it, and so it became special to me. I remember leaving the movie and seeing everyone around me crying, especially the girl next to me. Poor thing, she was really crying her eyes out, couldn't even get out of her seat. Apart from that, I also remember every frame of the movie, every scene, and it's always a good memory, always something that makes me a little bit happier. Appreciating beauty is something so rare... and this movie is someting beautiful, no questions asked.
Like the director said, it is a simple story beautifully told. A young couple meets, falls in love, breaks up, and they meet again 7 years later and then... Well, then you go watch the movie. And I am not doing it justice anyway, it's not so simple. The scenery is gorgeous, the actors are really amazing - the lovely Rachel McAdams and Ryan Goslin, who are now together in real life, in a very cute twist (yes, I know, not important for the movie, just sharing). They even make lines that are usually so tacky - like "All I ever wanted was you. Just you." - seem ok, if not beautiful, because they say it with such passion and belief. It is so rare that I believe in stuff like these; but this movie really does it for me. So, who knows... maybe it does it for you too? Give the romantic-girlie-tear jerker movie a chance. It will be well spent time and tears.
beijos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home