Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanz!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a lot of concerts on my top 5 list. Almost all of them, I think. But this one is very very close to being number one. It was just... fantastic. Or, as the newspapers have called it, "historical".
I saw Franz Ferdinand in France last year, but I can honestly say it does not compare to it. In fact, I don't think I can compare it at all. It was almost like it was a different band. The energy they transmitted in this concert now, and the energy the crowd gave back was inconcievable - and what a crowd. I have never felt so sick in a concert in my life. So hot, so many people, and the sweat... eww. I have never been so sick after a concert either (fever and all, just pathetic), but it was completely worth it. Being there for that concert is worth 2 sick days - 3, actually.
Getting back to the concert itself, the band was amazing. I just wish I could do something that makes me that happy doing it, that makes me so excited about my job. The "energy flow" - that sounds so stupidly hippie, but well, how else can I say it, the vibe? - was incredible. Every song they played, we screamed harder. "Do you want to" was chaos, "walk away" was a clear sign that we indeed love the band, "michael" and "take me out" almost brought the stage down; "outsiders", with something around 20 people onstage playing drums and "this fire", the last song, was truly something epic. Us, them, everybody was so ecstatic.
There wasn't a dull moment. From the first note they played, til they walked off stage, we were all so fantastically smitten. The sound was bad, indeed, but really, after they started, it didn't really matter. They were there, and playing, and so well! The excitment brought by the near cancellation of the show - because of a dispute between the people who organized it and São Paulo's city hall, I won't even comment on how ridiculous it was - just made it so much better. Because we almost lost it, we recognized it much more. And maybe they did too. Their smiles, their faces while they played, and just how they acted the entire concert - you could see that the crowd wasn't alone in being so happy.
So, after giving away the keyboard, their shoes, throwing wine at each other, Alex Kapranos taking his shirt off - and he is not the sort of atlethic guy that does that - and making us go completely crazy for one hour and a half, Franz Ferdinand scored an almost perfect ten. As always, a few songs missing. But all in all, it was worth all the wait, and all the concern that it wasn't gonna happen. The "night of our lives".
beijos
ps: the pictures do it no justice. at all.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nhaaaaa.. foi perfeito e eu nao fui x(
okok
um dia eu ainda viro gente grande e vo poder ir tah? x/
uahuahaha
e nossas peças meu amor? quando iremos ao teatro? estou soh a sua espera ;]
beeeijo

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Só vim deixar o link pro meu blog mesmo xP
beeeijos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home