Thursday, September 28, 2006

hug me!

Hey

I saw a video on youtube today, and it was, honestly, one of the nicest, most touching things I've ever seen. Fine, sometimes I get touched by a lot of idiotic things. Like "Friends'". But this is really great. I don't really know the story behind it, and I'm sure the editing counts in tricking me into loving this. But it was still beautiful.
Basically, it is a Free Hugs campaign. A guy, not particulary pretty, or short, or tall, or not particulary anything, stands with a sig that says "Free Hugs". At first, no one hugs him, and then gradually they all join in. It's simple, no? When I googled it, there was a lot of websites about it, including www.free-hugs.com. Turns out this is a worldwide campaign, that even includes Brazil.
I once read that you can measure happiness by how many hugs you give (and receive) in a day. And that in the US (was it in the US?) people go to group therapy just to hug each other. So, for these reasons and for many more, I think this campaign is, at the very least, a good start. It's not any guy that will stand in the middle of the street with a "Free Hugs" sign, not getting paid for it and not having second intentions about it. But it should be more people that go and hug him. After all, it's just a hug. And at the same time, it can be so much more. It can be all you need.
So, watch it. Free Hugs. A tiny bit of joy on what is sometimes a boring, lonely and grey little day.
Kisses and, of course, hugs!!!!

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, next time I see you, I'll hug you. Biiiiig Hug! Hehehehe!
Sssssmaaaack!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home