Monday, September 11, 2006

Short and Sweet

"Dontcha wish your boyfriend was short like me?"And with that sentence, the guy won the crowd. Or at least the ones young enough to see that he was in fact making a short cover of the pussycat dolls. On the piano. And that was the Jamie Cullum concert.
I never expected the concert to go as it did. I thought nobody would know the songs, I thought he was going to be quietly seated in his piano. Big, big mistake of mine. People knew the songs, they sang along as he told them to - more than most concerts I´ve been to - they got up from their seats and danced. It was truly a great pop concert, with a little bit of jazz in it. But the best thing of the concert was Jamie Cullum: you can see how passionate he is about the stuff just by the way he sings, and does everything else.
Jamie Cullum started the concert jumping around, knocking down his seat, taking half of his clothes off. Then he calmed down, sat down, played some more romantic tunes. And then he started all over again, trying to play some brazilian music for his brazilian girlfriend - if he can find beauty in the london skyes for her (fiiinally, I understand the point of that song!!!), I guess he can do anything for her.
To sum up, great, great concert. I suppose the security people were very unhappy with him, since he went into the crowd (for a Bowie cover), and well, basically, he disappeared. And I suppose it is quite hard to protect someone you can´t actually see, since he is indeed very, very short (1,63 m) - shorter than my mother, which says enough. But the more unpleased the security people were, the happier we were - may not have been totally spontaneous or real, but, at the time, it all felt real and great. From the ballads to the cover, passing by his great cute pop songs - and leaving out my favourites that he did not play - the concert makes my top 5. Sweet guy, passionate, beautiful music, and a cooperative audience - all you really need, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home