Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sao Paulo International Film Festival

Hey
This is just a warning post, that a looot of my posts in the next week or so will be about movies. We are now in the middle of the Sao Paulo International Film Festival, and I haven't seen a third of the
movies I would like to have seen - seems everything is conspiring against me this week. But anyway, this will just meant as a kind of warning and to comment 2 short films I saw yesterday: "Happiness" and "I want to be a Pilot".
"Happiness" is about an old lady that sees a box of happiness for sale. I should also mention that there are white shiny and pointy shoes in the movie (if you know
me, yoú'll get the reference. If not, nevermind, it's not that important). And "I want to be a Pilot" is a sad, sad poem read by an african boy, while he walks around in the destroyed place he lives in. It was sad, but somehow it didn't touch people the way it supposed to do. I don't if it was because the approach to the subject was as it usually is, or simply because the subject doesn't matter to us anymore. Not that it doesn't matter, it's still a sad and tragic thing, but maybe after seeing it too much we are just immune to it. And that was also what made the movie sadder for me - the fact that I used to be more affected by things like that.
That's all for the shorts. Now, be ready for the rest...
beijos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home