Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We must get out (a cold heart)


I was in my car the other day, and I was waiting for the traffic to move. It wasn't a street particulary full, but it always gives you a bit of trouble in the end. It's close to Paulista, it's always full of cars, and it's not in a bad area of the city.
After a few seconds of halt, a guy came up to my car. he was young, maybe 16, 17, and he was quite tall. I, of course, half panicked. I am always a little jumpy in the car, especially when alone, or at night, when the car stops... well, you get the picture. I am jumpy in the car. So, naturally, when the guy approached, and I saw the he wanted to clean my windshield (we have a looot of people trying to do that, only they don't really ask you if you want to have it cleaned, and they in fact just make it dirtier most of the time) I said "no, no, no, no", and I moved the car a bit to the side, as much as I could. But he still touched my car with the filthy cloth wrapped around a thing to clean the windshield.
Eventually, the guy went away, and I was left with my paranoid thoughts ranging from "am I too prejudiced?" to "what if the mark he left on the windshield is a sign for the robber in the next light?" - yes, we have that to! they tape something to your car, and the next guy robs you.
And then, I actually looked at the winsdshield. I don't know if it was the way I moved the car, if it was a mere accident or if it was the guy's intention to do it like that. And you know what I saw? Undeniably, perfectly drawn right there, in front of my eyes, on a traffic jam on a random street, on an idle tuesday afternoon?
A heart.
image:"Psychodrama" ... Edward Hopper

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read it again... Hahaha!!!
Maybe we're all getting too paranoid... As I read your post I couldn't help thinking the same things. Is it sad? Is it true? Is it sad and true???
Kisses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home