Thursday, November 16, 2006

Great Expectations

Did you ever have one of those days when you think "hmm, I don't think I should get out of bed today"? Not for laziness - which would be a good excuse as well - but just because you think something makes that day not your day? Well, this was one of those days.
Basically, I hit my car. And before you start thinking that I can't drive, and that women make traffic chaos, and bla bla bla, it wasn't my fault. I was stopped, and a lovely guy hit me with his car, which made me hit the car in front of me. So, this was the first accident - not counting various scratches - in 3 years of driving. And, like most first times, it was bad, to say the least.
And why the hell am I writing this? Simply because that destroyed my day - and some of my week. Destroyed is a bit of a strong word, but fine. I was scared, it gave me a headache, and my mood wasn't really pleasant anymore - not that I am very pleasant normally, but I was really in a bad mood after that. It was the first time I ever hit my car (yes, it was, don't discuss it), and it was just so upsetting and annoying, not just the hit itself - and the fact that my neck is now killing me because I hit my head on the carseat - but everything that follows it. Contacting the guy, the security company, filing a police report, and looking at my poor car everyday, and at the damn blinking light in the panel that tells me the hood is open. And of course, having to be without my car for 1 or 2 weeks when it's being fixed, I'll hopefully find that out tomorrow.
And aaaall of this was just to say that things really do blindside you. Always. It's always when you don't expect it that things happen, good or bad. And that one simple wrong move by someone you have never even met can change your whole life - or at least your whole day. So how do you prepare if all you know is that you can't expect anything? Or, better yet, that you can expect everything - and what will probably come is something you have never even dreamed of? How do you prepare?
Beijos
painting: "Unexpected", by Eugenie Torgerson

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Nils Walravens said...

Hey Julia!

Hope you're okay and they can fix your car pretty fast! How 've you been otherwise? Here everything's fine, working hard, as ever... Let us know when you're in Europe again for a Prague/Amsterdam like visit!

Lots of greets from Belgium!
Sarah and Nils

 

Post a Comment

<< Home