Saturday, November 04, 2006

Pointless Nostalgic


Last time I went to the beach, there was a little girl - maybe 5 or 6 years old - talking to her mother, probably discussing their next trip, probably one that will occur in the christmas-new year's eve period:
"- But mommy, where are we going to go this year?"
- To the beach sweetie, where you can play and swim with the dolphins!
- But I don't want to swim with the dolphins, who cares about that? I wanna see snow!"
Now, I have to say, after living in Finland with at least 3 or 4 months of snow, I couldn't really understand the little girl, and I discreetly (as aaalways) laughed at her argument. I was just so happy to be on the beach, the sun/ tanning lotion combination making me fell like I was some sort of piece of chicken on a frying pan (I am too white to be a piece of regular meat, and too fat to be considered a piece of fish, so, chicken), and the hot sand.... ok, saying it like that doesn't sound that appealing, but after being buried in snow and ice for so long, it was really great.
But after 5 months of being back home, just waiting for summer to start, and with no prediction whatsoever as to when I will be again buried in snow, and when will be the next period in my life that I have to calculate 5 extra minutes to get in and out of the house because of all the coats, and watch my every step so I don't fall on the ice, and soak my hands in warm 9sometimes too warm) water when I get home because I am too lazy to wear gloves, I bump into this picture online.
And suddenly, I begin to see the little girl's point of view.
Beijos
ps: sorry, Giu, for stealing your msn name for this post

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talvez o filme tenha tido alguma influência nisso, não?!

And everybody feels pointless nostalgic now and then... o bom é que vc pode me visitar durante dois invernos... eu ficaria feliz, obviamente!

Beijos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home