Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sporty weekend

To celebrate my very sporty weekend, two great results this sunday: Brazil's volleyball team won!!! yeeeeey!!! they are so good, and play almost perfectly if they are concentrated. My only problem watching the games is that I am always afraid the coach will have a heart attack in the middle of the game - he is always absurdly nervous, yeeling, jumping up and down, cursing.... it's quite funny if you don't have to deal with him, i guess.
And to put a good end on a bad bad year for him, Marat Safin won his game today and that result gave Russia the Davis Cup. Safin played a shitty game on friday with Nalbadian, but he completely redeemed himself yesterday in the doubles game, killing Nalbadian (who was reeeally bad, I have no idea why) and won his game today against Acasuso. Beeeautiful guy, beeeautiful tennis. And seeing Maradona (why the hell was Maradona there? I have no idea either)and the unbelievably annoying argentinian cheer-squad shut up and bow to the Russians in Moscou was also not bad at all. And one last treat was hearing that the temperature in Russia was 5 degrees, while I was walking around the house with a t-shirt on, in very comfortable 25 degrees. Russia, a bit more than a year a go, was one of the coldest moments in my life. Literally.


So, as you can see, my weekend was very sporty in the sense of laying down in my bed with a can of coke and watching others playing sports, as it usually goes with me. And whyyyy am I writing this post about sports? And please note the effort I made here not to start just rambling about Marat Safin and how pretty he is. Well, I am avoiding doing things I actually have to do. And postponing my fast-approaching panic attack number two, related to the fact that I start working tomorrow morning at 7 A.M. Hmm.
beijos, and wish me luck somehow, so I don't get fired on my first day. Or spill something in my boss's tie. Oh my god, what if I spill something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home