Monday, February 12, 2007

Grey's Anatomy


Have you ever seen Grey's Anatomy? If you are in Brazil, the third season started last monday, and I really think it is a series worth watching. More than McDreamy and McSteamy, the series is something worth a closer look.
The writing is just fantastic. I mean, I have to give my most honest congratulations to Chandra Wilson - who has one of the best writing deals in Hollywood today. Whoever can come up with the sentence "She has my McDreamy, and my McDog. She is living my McLife" should be given an award just for that collaboration. And she manage to put a bomb inside a patient, and blow up half of the hospital, in order to gain male audience. She is, as I had said, fantastic.
Then there is the casting, absolutely imppecable. Miranda Bailey (aka "the nazy") is unbelievable in the part. When she won the SAG award a few weeks a go, she said "thank you for giving me this award even though I look like this." And Dr. Bailey is this woman in the picture on the left, so you know she was not being really modest and asking for compliments on how she looks. In fact, there is one gorgeous girl on the show, and she is not the main actress (Meredith Grey is, well, different. pretty, but not common). Meredith, by the way, is all but the heroin. She drinks tequila shots and sleeps with (a lot of) wrong men. "I am always sorry in the morning" and "I am dark and twisty, so what? Does that make me the president of the depressed?" are 2 of my favourite lines from this show, apart from the heartbreaking "pick me, choose me"scene. It is just sad. She says she knows she is not supposed to do that, she is supposed to be cool, tell McDreamy it is his deciosion and she will be okay anyway, and that is what she does for the entire episode. Until that scene. And then she does what she really means in her heart. And when she tels him that he has to stop staring at her, because she ust can't breathe when he does that. The words are just so honest, so possible that someone would say them. She is average, problematic, and so much more convincing than Joey Potter.


And now, for the women - McDreamy and McSteamy. I am sorry, but there is no way I could write about this show without mentioning them. they are just absurdly hot. And although that is not the main reason to watch the show, it doesn't hurt either. And oh, last thing: the soundtrack. Good, veeery good. Drama, drama, drama. ER with better music, more concentrated drama and hotter man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home